In this video, we'll go over some best practices, general information, and how-to tips when setting up your start date, end date, and budget setting of your geofence adveritsing campaign.
Tips for Budgeting
- Reach and Frequency:
- An effective advertising campaign has a healthy balance of reach (the number of individuals) and frequency (the number times your ad is delivered to one individual on average). You want to estimate how many people are entering a geofence each month and how many times you want to reach them by adjusting your daily budget and, in conjunction, your impression count.
- One person has 2.5 devices:
- Americans own an average of 2.5 devices that can be served geofencing ads. Keep this in mind when working through reach, frequency, and budget.
- Update your budgets:
- You can update your budget at anytime and scaling them up and down based on desired exposure and your comfort level.
- Impressions > Clicks:
- We share impression and click estimates on display ads, but with display ads, the impressions are often more valuable collectively than the clicks. Display ads on average receive a 0.05%-0.08% CTR (Click through Rate: Qujam tends to be above this regularly). This means that, on avearge, over 99.9% of the time when a display ad is served to someone they don't click on it. However, that doesn't mean it didn't work. Impressions provide brand awareness, drive search and foot traffic, and leave an impression with your target audience. Yes, we want people to click, but we really want to get your message in front of the right people at the right time. This insures they take action including clicking the ad, going to your location, searching online, talking to a friend about your company, etc.... Having a healthy estimated impression and click number is important to the success of a campaign.
- Budgeting is a bit of science and art, so if you feel stuck ask us:
- Use the contact form below to reach out and include the name of your campaign if you already setup the draft or write out the details of your campaigns, and one of our geofencing exports will give you a budget recommendation.